The schedule is still evolving for 2019, but a general idea of the weekend’s events are as follows:
*All events, dates, and times subject to change due to weather.
- Friday, July 19, 2019
- Racers begin arriving
- Dinner and informal meet and greet.
- Saturday, July 20, 2019
- Airport Open House and Young Eagles rides
- Pre Race Banquet
- Mandatory Pilot Briefing immediately following banquet
- Sunday, July 21, 2019
- Pre-Race abbreviated briefing covering current weather and any changes
- Race Launch (Usually we aim for 0900 departure, depending on weather)
- Race Finish and Recovery at the Wausau Downtown Airport where the local EAA Chapter hosts a pot luck lunch.
- Aircraft reposition to Oshkosh using established arrival procedures. Aircraft are welcome to park in other locations, but the AirVenture Cup does have a parking location for participants near show center. As a reminder all aircraft must be tied down before you leave the immediate vicinity of the aircraft.
- Monday, July 22, 2019
- Awards Ceremony and post race party. The awards are typically presented in one of the forums buildings, but this is still TBD. Afterwards we have busses providing transportation to and from a post race party.