The schedule is still evolving for 2018, but a general idea of the weekend’s events are as follows:
*All events, dates, and times subject to change due to weather.
- Friday, July 20, 2018
- Racers begin arriving
- Dinner and informal meet and greet at Blarney’s, a local pub in Mitchell. Hosted happy hour sponsored by Ludwig & Associates.
- Saturday, July 21, 2018
- Airport Open House and Young Eagles rides
- Pre Race Banquet, Ramada Hotel and Conference Center
- Mandatory Pilot Briefing immediately following banquet
- Sunday, July 22, 2018
- Pre-Race abbreviated briefing covering current weather and any changes
- Race Launch (Usually we aim for 0900 departure, depending on weather)
- Race Finish and Recovery at the Wausau Downtown Airport where the local EAA Chapter hosts a pot luck lunch.
- Aircraft reposition to Oshkosh using established arrival procedures. Aircraft are welcome to park in other locations, but the AirVenture Cup does have a parking location for participants near show center. As a reminder all aircraft must be tied down before you leave the immediate vicinity of the aircraft.
- Monday, July 23, 2018
- Awards Ceremony and post race party. The awards are typically presented in one of the forums buildings, but this is still TBD. Afterwards we have busses providing transportation to and from a post race party.